The Art Showcase is open to all currently enrolled SLCC students. Submissions will be juried by members of the SLCC Visual Art & Design faculty and the show will be judged by qualified members of the local art community. Being involved in the art show will help develop professionalism, build valuable experience and create the opportunity for public recognition.
Each electronic submission must be accompanied by a picture upload of the artwork. Following electronic submission and electronic jury you will receive e-mail confirmation with information regarding accepted entries. Specific instructions concerning the process for submission of the physical art showcase item/s will be contained in your confirmation email.
Prizes include cash awards and will be awarded at a reception for winners and their families, teachers, SLCC faculty and special guests. The Student Art Showcase is co-sponsored by the Art & Cultural Events, Student Life & Leadership, and The Visual Art & Design Department.
ENTRY AND MEDIUM INFORMATION
Please submit only original artwork created within the academic school year. Each student may submit up to a total of four (4) works of art ready for public display.
See these video tutorials for instructions on matting, mounting, or framing artwork for hanging:
- Flat pieces should be securely mounted, over-matted, or framed.
- All framed hanging submissions must have a secure means to attach to the display wall (tape is not acceptable).
- Matted works can be hung without wire as illustrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wODCEiLy0
- Life drawings may be hung as is.
- Three-dimensional works should stand securely.
- Animation and Multimedia works should be at broadcast resolution. You may upload animations and multimedia submissions to a live URL such as: Dropbox, Youtube, or a live web address.
Consult your instructor if you have questions about categories or preparing artwork for display. SLCC will not be held responsible for artwork that is damaged due to improper mounting or framing, or is unstable.
Art entries not meeting SLCC’s Student Art Show presentation standards may be declined and asked to be resubmitted with compliance. Artwork will not be accepted unless submitted via the online submission form. Submission pick-up will be in the Science and Industry Building Atrium following the close of the Art Show on the dates listed. After the final pick-up date, any unclaimed artwork and awards will become the property of the SLCC Visual Art & Design Department.
- Fine Art (studio drawing, painting, various traditional and digital media)
- Illustration (traditional and digital)
- Photography (traditional and digital)
- Design (print, screen printing, package design, type and calligraphy)
- Mixed Media (includes artwork made with several different mediums combining the various categories)
- Multimedia (web design, video, web animations, apps)
- Animation (2D and 3D video)
- 3D Design (jewelry, sculpture, pottery, ceramics and metalwork)
LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT:
The submission of an entry shall constitute agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this call for entries. All reasonable care in handling works of art will be exercised by SLCC staff and its agents, but SLCC is not liable for loss of or damage to work submitted for jurying, exhibition or return.